Sunday, June 12, 2011

Today...

Today was hard.
Today it was the Balloon Release Memorial at CHEO.
Today I cried. Alot.

It's funny how I thought I was doing okay, but then gathered among other grieving parents I realize I am not as strong as I thought I was.

As the song played on the radio at the Memorial and we began to release the balloons to the sky, I cried.
Watching our balloons for Tristan lift up to the clouds and mingle with all of the other balloons was a beautiful sight, but heartbreaking as well.

Too many children gone too soon.

Today was a reminder of that.
Today was a reminder of the pain...
Though somehow I feel just a little bit better.
Today I allowed the floodgates to open, when I usually lock them shut.
Today I allowed myself to grieve...

No comments:

Post a Comment